Thursday, 20th February 2014
This is a half-day (4-hour) training program for software engineers and software architects.
The program will be held on Sunday, 30th March 2014 from 2 PM to 6 PM at Hotel Orange Pie, Noida.
This is a paid program. To attend, you should register by clicking the round Register button at the bottom of this page.What You Will Learn
In this class, you will learn about the design pattern named Visitor.
We will engage in a discussion along the following lines. You will be shown:
- What problem the design pattern aims to solve
- Some theory and one trivial example
- One or more real world project examples where the design pattern is actually needed
- I will introduce you to areas of the .NET framework and other real world projects that use this pattern explaining how it fits in with their goals
I mostly use very few or no Power Point slides. It's mostly writing code. I'll explain something, then code it up, and then ask you to think about it and then write code yourself.Laptops and Wifi
There are no computers in the facility. You may bring your own laptop to practice the examples. And I strongly recommend that you do to get the most out of this training. All of my training is "let's do it together in code" rather than a Power Point driven discourse.
There's Wifi in the facility. But still, to be on the safe side, bring your data cards.Who should attend?
You must attend this training only if you have been programming for about 7 or 8 years. Or if you are one of the students I have trained for 2 months or more.
Or, if you are really good at programming and have been programming for less than 7 years but you are some kind of a technical wizard who is ready.What should you already know?
You should be familiar with object oriented programming and should have a considerable amount of programming experience.
This is an advanced course for architects and those who want to become architects.Course duration 1 day
Sunday, 30th March 2014, 2 PM to 6 PM
Hotel Orange Pie,
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, 201301
Phone: 0120 248 4063
If you're approaching from the National Highway #24 (NH-24), ask someone about how to get to the Fortis Hospital in Sector 62, Noida.
From the Fortis Hospital, keep driving straight until you get the to the next intersection / red-light / crossing, i.e. the first intersection after the Fortis Hospital. That intersection is called Mamura Chowk. If you're not sure, ask someone at Fortis how to get to Mamura Chowk.
From Mamura Chowk, i.e. from the first red-light crossing immediately after the Fortis Hospital take a left turn.
Drive straight for 200 meters and you'll hit the first intersection / red-light on this road. Stop at the red-light crossing. Look to your right. The Hotel Orange Pie billboard will be visible.
Take a right turn and drive for 30 meters until you reach the hotel gate.
The locality is Sector 66, Noida. It is also called Mamura (pronounced M-moooo-raaa) because of the adjoining village Mamura.What you will get at the end of this training program
- A certificate of participation
- Hand-outs containing practice exercises for you to do later
- A CD-ROM with all the code written during the training and all even the code that couldn't be written during the training program for paucity of time but was used to illustrate concepts
Rs.1,500 per person all inclusive of taxes.
The price includes training charges and tea with snacks. The price does NOT include lunch. There's no lunch. This training starts after lunch time.
There are no discounts on bulk bookings.
Rs.1,500 per person
inclusive of all taxes
There's NO lunch. You'll be offered tea and snacks in the evening and this price is inclusive of that as well.
I do not make any guarantees of how much you will improve as a result of this training program. That depends entirely on you. I've been told time and again that I am a good teacher. If you're a good student, you will benefit greatly from this training program.
I do not make any claims about getting you a job.How to register
If you are an individual and you want to register yourself or your friends, please click the Register button below.
If you are an organization within the Delhi/NCR and you would like to nominate five or more of your employees to attend this program, please do get in touch with me, but please do leave your full name, the company name, your official email address and a telephone number to get back in touch with you.
- Chain of Responsibility : Real World Design Patterns
- Principles of Software Architecture : SOLID Object Oriented Design
- Ten Things Every .NET Developer Must Know
- Linq to Objects
- A free training video on using delegates with C#. This was my audition video with Pluralsight. I am in the process of becoming an author with them.
- Check out my Stack Overflow profile. My nick name there is Water Cooler v2.
- The list of training programs I offer
- Would you like help in the design and/or implementation of your .NET projects?
- Are you a good software developer looking for a new job?